William’s Birthday Class!! (Private Event)
Join me for a SPECIAL Birthday Class for William on Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 2 pm EST! Link will be sent out after registration. If you prefer, you can also register by sending an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I offer a suite of online options that you can do in your own home! I currently teach all of my live, online, group fitness classes through an online studio called Body Positive Fitness!
For most of the classes, no equipment is required (and if we do use equipment, it’ll be stuff lying around your home — no worries!).
For BOPO Move, having a set of dumbbells, a resistance band, a kettlebell and/or a barbell is helpful.
Fall Online Schedule (Classes I Teach Through Body Positive Fitness)
(effective August 21, 2020)
I also teach pre-recorded Zumba classes which can be found at http://www.Zumba.dance.
How Should You Prepare for Class?
- Have a towel and water bottle at the ready for use during your class.
- Clear an area of your home free from anything that you can trip over or slip on. Exercise in a well-ventilated room/space. Make sure that the space in which you are exercising is safe and secure.
- Be mindful of the floor you are on (e.g. carpet, tile, wood etc.). Certain types of flooring may make it hard or dangerous for you to execute movements (e.g. pivoting, swivelling etc.)
- Athletic footwear is recommended but optional.
- Classes are taught via an online videoconferencing platform. For the moment, we are using Zoom (or Zumba.dance for pre-recorded Zumba classes). You need a stable internet connection and a computer/laptop/tablet in order for programming to be successful.
- If at any point (right before, during or after class) you feel dizzy, faint, or are experiencing any pain or discomfort, please let me know immediately and discontinue the exercise if necessary.
- Please inform me of any previous injury or pre-existing condition before undertaking my fitness programs. See PAR-Q+ below.
Health and Fitness Liability Waiver and Informed Consent
You recognize that the program(s) above may involve strenuous physical activity including, but not limited to muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular conditioning and training, and other various fitness activities. You hereby affirm that you are in good physical condition and do not suffer from any known disability or condition that would prevent or limit your participation in this exercise program.
You acknowledge that your enrolment and subsequent participation is purely voluntary and is in no way mandated by Simone Samuels. You acknowledge that you participate in this program at your own risk.
In consideration of your participation in this program, you hereby release Simone Samuels from any claims, demands and causes of actions as a result of your voluntary participation and enrolment.
You fully understand that ensuring the safety and working condition of the equipment you use in the program as well as the safety and security of the environment in which you participate in this program is solely your own responsibility.
You fully understand that you may injure yourself as a result of your enrolment and subsequent participation in this/these program(s) and you hereby release Simone Samuels from any liability now or in the future for conditions that you may obtain. These conditions may include, but are not limited to, heart attacks, strokes, muscle pains, muscle pulls, muscle tears, broken bones, shin splints, injuries to knees or other joints of the body, injuries to back, foot injuries, heat prostration or heat exhaustion, dehydration, or any other illness or soreness that you may incur, including death.
By purchasing or enrolling (whether online or by e-transfer) and/or participating in the program(s) offered by Simone Samuels, YOU HEREBY AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, AGREE WITH AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE AFOREMENTIONED STATEMENTS.
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone (PAR-Q+)
Please complete this form in advance of the exercise program in which you have enrolled: Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone (PAR-Q+). You can e-mail me (Simone!) if you would prefer a .pdf version. Please ensure that you return the completed form to me and inform me of any injury or pre-existing condition that you may have.
By purchasing (enrolling) and participating in the program(s) offered by Simone Samuels, YOU HEREBY AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND COMPLETED THE PAR-Q+ (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) for Everyone FORM.
You should always consult with your physician before beginning any physical activity or exercise program.