As featured in Shape Magazine and on the Today Show:
I am a certified group fitness and aqua fitness instructor and personal trainer.
I currently teach at fitness centres throughout Toronto, Canada and online.
Check out the links below to see how I can help you reach your goals.
People who have visited my classes often tell me that my classes are… different — in a good way:
- I believe in creating a warm, welcoming, encouraging, safe and non-judgmental environment for all participants. I know that the gym/studio/fitness centres can feel like an antagonistic and scary place for some people. I actively try to do my part in making fitness spaces less intimidating.
- I believe that we all have good bodies and that there is nothing wrong with our bodies. I believe that our bodies — no matter its state — deserve love, respect, appreciation and care.
- I believe that the body was made for movement.
- I believe that we can and should exercise for more reasons than just weight loss.
- I believe in the joy of movement. I believe that we should move our bodies because it is good for us and because movement feels good.
- I believe that we should exercise out of love and respect for our bodies, and not out of shame, masochism or punishment.
- I believe that fitness is for everyone.
- I believe that fitness can be fun.
I try to use out-of-the-box solutions and creative routines to further the above philosophy.
I may not be the trainer for everyone, but I might just be the trainer for you. I’d love to partner with you in helping you reach your fitness goals.
Licenses and Certifications
- Zumba Basic 1
- Aqua Zumba
- Strong Nation (formerly Strong by Zumba)
- Canfitpro Fitness Instructor Specialist
- Canfitpro Personal Training Specialist
- Canfitpro Healthy Eating and Wellbeing Coach
- Canadian Aquafitness Leadership Alliance, Group Aquatic Fitness
- Canadian Aquafitness Leadership Alliance, Aqua Kickboxing
- Yoga Alliance — RTT 200
- Girls Gone Strong Level 1
- Online Trainer Academy
- Body Positive Fitness Alliance — Affiliated Professional
- Standard First Aid and CPR “C” with AED — Lifesaving Society
- Emergency First Aid and CPR “C” with AED — ActionFirst
Click on the boxes below for more information on the types of services that I offer:
Personal Training is great for those who want a personal, private, one-on-one, results-based session with an instructor. Click on the photo above for more information.
Simone teaches a variety of cardio-based, dance, aquatic and strength-focused classes in person. Click on the photo above for more information.
Personal Training is great for those who want a personal, private, one-on-one, results-based session with an instructor. Our world demands that trainers are adaptable and receptive to an online world where people are not always able to get to a gym. That’s where online personal training comes in.
I offer a suite of online options that you can do in your own home! No equipment required (and if we do use equipment, it’ll be stuff lying around your home — no worries!). Click for more information!